Friday, September 21, 2007

Vaixell de Grecia



Once more a greek-catalan connection, coming from a Lluis Llach song. Despite of my being discouraged of listening to catalan songs by readers of this blog I keep catching up with the discography of this very interesting guy (the first citizen ever to take a prime minister to court for not keeping his promises...). At the same time I get very interested into his lyrics, especially when I see that quite a few of them are full of references to Greece.

Over the last days, basketball, football and (thirdly) work have not left me enough time to appreciate some really nice verses of some even better songs, but with the long weekend coming up and a local holiday approaching, I spared me a moment to do some research on my one and came up with an obscure philellene named Loukianos Trochiforos which has actually translated one of Llach's songs into Greek. The name of the song is "Vaixell de Grecia" (meaning Greek boat) and Trochiforos' translation is relatively free, (judging from my poor catalan). In any case I post it here with apologees to non-greek readers.

"Αργοναυτες"

Κατω απο τ'αστρα, που λεν στους ναυτικούς
για συμπληγαδες και τοπους μυστικους
διχως πυξιδα κι οι φαροι μακρια
ορθοι στην πλωρη, μα πουθενα στερια

Αλλου οι γοργονες, τα κατασπρα νησια
και των γονιων τους τα περγιάλια τα κρυφα
Τουτοι εχουν ροτα για του κοσμου την κορφη
και τα ονειρα τους, του Πρωτεα τη μορφη

Κι αν πεταλιδες τρυπουν τα στεγανα
κι αν η αλμυρα σαπιζει τα κουπια
μ'ενα τραγουδι φουσκωνουν τα πανια
κι ας περιμενουν φουρτουνες στα Στενα.

No comments:

Post a Comment