Saturday, April 28, 2007

the end of the week...best known as "week-end"


Weeks that come have a special characteristic of either being anticipated or hated in advance depending on the work load ahead of you, the percentage of days off, the weather, the absence of interesting football games, the expectation of parties and so on...
Weeks that go, on the other hand, normally leave you with nothing so strong, it is the week-end that gains all the anticipation and steals of the week whatever its attributes have been.

Well, it's not always that easy!

Two weeks ago I was talking about a tough week I had ahead of me and I had better kept my mouth shut. It turned even worse than I was thinking when apart from the workload, I had to add going down ill on the weekend, which I passed in the midst of one more of my seizures of extreme hypochondria that only left me time to spend an amusing barbecue with part of the brazilian community of Barcelona. And not only that, but the week to follow, the one that just ended, turned out to be equally disturbing, when on top of all, came a stressful two-days which I spent on the phone and on e-mail talking with embassies, secretaries and immigration experts for what in the end proved to be a non-existent visa problem for my forthcoming trip to the US.

Nonetheless, this past week, whose sole, but time-lasting highlights will be Kaka's second goal in the Old Trafford semifinal (still fantasizing about it) and Julien's bumping against the bookshelf in the office...(still laughing with it), ended with a feeling of relief. And this is one of these week-ends when you really feel relaxed, thinking about only a few things, (although some may still be work-related). The whole recent derangement though made me really ponder a lot about whether it can or not affect my personality overall...

Doctor, am I fastly becoming and old and weird fellow?

No comments:

Post a Comment