Monday, February 23, 2009

ligero de equipaje


They say it's hard to say goodbye but they very rarely say why. Last Saturday I found out. And it is all right here in a tuft of little papers hanging from a string.

Next Sunday I 'll have to take the plane that takes me back to my hometown. One of the petty things I have to take care of is the size and weight of my luggage. Even though I 'll be taking the trip with the person I most long for to be with back in Greece, I still need to keep it tight and light. No heavy books, no bulky objects, no clothes I have not wore over the last three years but somehow am still keeping in my closet. There has to be a choice of stuff I take with me and stuff I leave behind.

What I could never leave behind is the bunch of little papers you see hanging from my closet. Each paper carries a small goodbye message written on it. Funny or sad, emotional or cool, "goodbyes" and "till we meet again" messages from the friends I made in Barcelona over the last three years. I see it like a small arc of memories and it's what I will most cherish to take with me on this trip back home.

I am just so lucky that memories have no mass. Because otherwise I would have to carry a lot overweight luggage.

2 comments:

  1. Άντε, πακέταρε τις αναμνήσεις σου να μαζευόμαστε σπίτι σιγά σιγά... Πριν ξαναφύγουμε για αλλού.

    Καλώς να ορίσεις.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice flight and
    Wellcome back!

    Και τώρα ποιος θα με ξεναγήσει στη Βαρκελώνη;

    Idom

    ReplyDelete