Monday, September 7, 2009

ChiosBios #2. Not having a life...


While in the army, I received the -finally- good news of getting a paper published. (Weirdly enough it made it to the cover of a well-respected journal). This would not have happened without the strenuous efforts of my good colleague Hagen and the perseverence of my boss Roderic. This work belongs mostly to them and my name is on it more or less due to an accidentally good idea. (But then again most of the good ideas are purely accidental).

The fact that I choose to post about this -very, very- late publication, to the final acceptance of which I only marginally contributed, can only be highly indicative of the lack of any interest whatsoever in my life, nowadays. Truth be told. Over the last weeks in the barracks I have a reached a point of utter boredom and idleness. Not that I am not doing stuff, quite the contrary. It's just that they mostly consist of activities that could only be described as offending to the the human brain and worst of all they leave absolutely no time for useful thoughts -let alone deeds- that all one can do is to whine about the lack of meaning.

Then again I feel like I am repeating myself over and over and that this post is only here to let me -indirectly- brag about my work (seriously, what has become of me?) and whine -once more- about the army. It's just that, of late people who actually read this blog, (yes there ARE some), were curious about the lack of posts. Not exactly the best way to make them feel I back and active, but still.

Promise to be able to talk about something more interesting next time. After all, football season is on its way.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations dude!
    I didn't know about the cover. That is a nice bonus extra point.
    Talk about what you feel like, you can allow yourself the right to whine, don't be harsh, i guess that's not what you need now.
    I don't like the title though: i wouldn't say "no life", but rather "Life in parentheses".
    Sending you some news soon -a lot.
    cheers,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sygxarhthria kai congratulations!

    Kai eis anotera!
    Kai mhn endideis ston idrymatismo. To meros exei poly ypsilo deikth omoiostasis - o stratos einai typiko paradeigma kyvernhtikou organismou.

    Apla ksekourasou!

    Ταπεινά απόδιδω τα σέβη μου!
    Idom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Chris!

    And that is definitely an understatement. (But, then again, you are only under- bragging...)

    :)

    ReplyDelete